– Two more attendance records were set on Thursday. A new single-day record of 26,338 people were in attendance, surpassing the mark that had been set on Tuesday (25.898). In addition, a night session record was set with 12,557 people in attendance. This comes just two days after the single session attendance record of 14,380 was set with the Tuesday day session.
– Roger Federer is through to his ninth quarterfinal here. The six-time champion is third for W&S Open quarterfinal appearances in the Open Era behind Stefan Edberg (11) and Michael Chang (10).
– Alexandr Dolgopolov is the 11th men’s qualifier to reach the quarterfinals here in the Open Era, and the first since Dmitry Tursunov in 2013. He is bidding to be the third qualifier to reach the semifinals (David Wheaton in 1994, Rick Fagel in 1977).
– Ivo Karlovic tied his own tournament record with 35 aces in his match against Stan Wawrinka. It marked the second time this week and third time overall he had hit that record amount.
– Jelena Jankovic, the 2009 champion, is through to an Open Era record seventh quarterfinal in Cincinnati. Serena Williams is in second place with five quarterfinals here.
– Anna Karolina Schmiedlova is the seventh women’s qualifier to reach the quarterfinals since the tournament returned in 2004, and the first since Akgul Amanmuradova in 2010. She is bidding to be the fifth qualifier to reach the semifinals, and the first since Amanmuradova and Petra Kvitova both did so in 2009.